nowadays, internet is a need for everyone. but did u know what can the net done to u?
netiquette is etiquette while using the internet. we need to be careful and also behave while online as we are interacting and representing ourselves to the world. plus, there is no protection towards the information that u upload to not be manipulated by other person.people can judge and use the information available to judge and even worse, use them for their own good. beware... so, here are the guidelines for you to express good netiquette:
- DO NOT CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING!
- avoid Criticism
- Pay Attention to Language Issues
- Think Before Posting
- Avoid Humor but you can use emoticons
- Reply Quickly
- Make sure you do not send secret emails to a group of recipients
- Keep Personal Information Private
- Obey Copyright Laws
- Be Aware of Cyber bullying
-Respect other participants
- Respect people's time and bandwidth
- Only post relevant items
- Be forgiving
- Represent yourself well
- Be brief, precise, and clear
- Be quick, and don't monopolize the chat
DO'S AND CONT'S ON THE INTERNET:
- View the internet as a novel, not a diary
- Be careful what you advertise
- Realize that you can't take it back
for the do's and don'ts while using the internet, u can refer the link below
SECURITY ON THE INTERNET:
internet security involves the protection of a computer's internet account and files from intrusion of an unknown user. Basically, security measures involve protection by well selected passwords, change of file permissions and back up of computer's data. do not create spam and threatening others. now, i will share some of the tips in creating a good password:
- Do not use your log in name.
- Do not use your first, middle, or last name.
- Do not use other information easily obtained; birth date, plate numbers, telephone numbers.
- Do not use a password of all digits or all the same letter.
- Do not use a password shorter than six characters.
- Do use a password with mixed-case alphabetic.
- Do use a password with non-alphabetic.